Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: I use an ice cream scoop to place my batter into the muffin cups. It's the perfect size, quick and much easier than using a spoon.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
This salad paired up nicely with some rice and Italian Herb Grilled Chicken from Aggie's Kitchen.
We really felt good eating this healthy dinner.
Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: This salad only has 39 calories and 1.1g of fat for a 1 cup serving. You don't have to sacrifice taste to eat your daily serving of vegetables.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Top with your favorite cheese. We used Monterey Jack cheese.
Look at all those healthy ingredients.
These corn bread muffins were a perfect match with the chili. We really enjoyed them. Another great recipe from Cooking Light.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Low Country Boil
"King" Larry ready for his FEAST!
1 tsp dried dill weed
Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: This is a great time saver meal for a crowd. It cooks all together and it is served on large platters or bowls. People can pick what they like best and there's plenty to go around. To save even more time, make the sauces earlier in the day or even the night before.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
But use this Boston Butt pork cut
Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwich
Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: This is a great meal to serve for a group of people. Put it in the Crock-pot in the morning with very minimal prep work and by the evening you have dinner ready. I like to have a variety of barbecue sauces that people can use and add to their sandwich.
We love you guys!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: Raspberries are low in fat and calories. They are a great source of Vitamin C as well as folate and iron. This refreshing beverage will add healthy benefits to your diet.
Next, comes a wonderful snack. When MyBlogSpark asked if I would like to try the new Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters, I had to accept. We love nuts, granola & granola bars in our household. We've been eating Nature Valley Granola Bars for years. I always take some type of nuts to work as a snack. I couldn't wait to try them when we received our samples. The sample flavors are: Nut Lovers, Honey Roasted Peanut, Roasted Cashew & Roasted Almond. The granola and nuts in these round clusters are crunchy and very flavorful. They are fun to eat and perfect for a snack or your child's lunchbox. I found my husband sneaking handfuls from the pantry. My 2 daughters really liked the crunchiness and taste of these nut clusters. I've been enjoying them at work as a midday snack. I think they would be great in yogurt or even in ice cream.
This is one of the Nut Lovers clusters.
Thank you MyBlogSpark for letting us enjoy these new snacks!
Last, but not least, I want to thank Kathy from Three on Food
for giving me the Kreativ Blogger Award. That was so sweet of her to think of me. Thank you Kathy!
Now, I just can't accept my award and be done with it. There are rules to this award that I will follow strictly.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
1. I will be married 18 years later this year and it all started with a blind date. My sister, Paula, arranged this blind date. Way to go Paula!
2. I collect cookbooks. At last count I had over 40 cookbooks. This doesn't include all my food magazines and hundreds of printed copies of recipes.
3. I have twin daughters who will "officially" become teenagers towards the end of this year. (should I be scared?)
4. All 3 of our pets are black and white. Two black and white Boston Terriers and a black and white cat.
5. Something I don't like to do......exercise. I know it's something I should do regularly but I just can't get in an exercise routine. I have been trying to walk more so maybe it's a start.
6. I come from a very large family. I have 6 other sisters and brothers. What's funny is that my husband also comes from a large family and he has 6 other siblings as well.
7. I love to read. I read anything: books, magazines, newspapers, on-line articles, cookbooks :) I'm currently reading "Barefoot" by Elin Hilderbrand. It's a great summer read.
I am nominating this Kreativ Blogger Award to the following 7 bloggers:
Thank you for all the wonderful blogs out there.