Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake

If you are watching your diet or your amount of sweets, you may not want to continue on this page.  But I hope you stay.  Why?  Beacause I want to share this fantastic cheesecake with you.  A little piece won't hurt.  (I promise) 

I made this cheesecake for Easter Sunday.  I have only made a few cheesecakes in my lifetime.  I love cheesecake and they are really easy to make.  I don't know why I haven't made more.  It's probably a good thing because as we all know cheesecake is on the fattening side.  But I did use reduced fat cream cheese and reduced fat whipped topping.  Cut calories and fat where you can.  

I have to say I was impressed with myself.  The cheesecake came out perfectly.  The crust is a vanilla wafer crust, then you have the cream cheese filling and then you have a cream cheese/whipped cream layer for the topping.  We were enjoying this cheesecake all week.  


Cheescakes always look like a special dessert.  This would be perfect for Mother's Day or if you had friends over for dinner.  Come up with a special occasion to make this dessert.  Oh heck, who needs a special occasion, just do it.  It will make you and those eating it very happy!




Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:  If you want to make cheesecakes, you have to have a Springform pan.  They are easily found in any major retailer like Walmart and Target.  I bought a 3 piece Wilton set similar to this one at Walmart years ago and they work just fine.  Also, cheesecakes use several packages of cream cheese.  My grocery store often has cream cheese on sale 5 for $5.00.  That's when I stock up.  So, with the right pan and your main ingredient (cream cheese) on hand, there's no excuse and you'll be ready to make a homemade cheesecake.

8 comments:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

this is so delicious looking!

Shelby said...

Your cheesecake looks and sounds awesome Jamie!

La Bella Cooks said...

Wow, what a delicious looking cheesecake. I love that you used reduced fat everything and yet enjoyed each piece...you have to love a recipe like that!

Aggie said...

oh boy...now that's a cheesecake. looks unbelievable Jamie!!

Patsyk said...

I love cheesecake! This recipe looks decadent... but, worth every calorie!

Patsyk said...

I love cheesecake! This recipe looks decadent... but, worth every calorie!

Marissa said...

mommy
this was the best cheese cake ever.
definitely have to make it again!!!
from your fav daughter marissa!! :)

ag said...

looking through some of your old posts Jamie...this one caught my eye :)

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs