Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Duo of Herb Dips......Basil Parmesan Dip with Pita Chips & Creamy Garlic-Herb Dip

The Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club "meets" again.  This month's theme is Cooking with Herbs.  There are endless recipes using herbs but the recipes this month showcase herbs as the STAR ingredient.  Myself and the 4 other bloggers in the Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club have put together a great menu to share with you.  I made 2 herb dips.  One that highlights basil and the other that highlights parsley and chives.  Both dips were very good and easy to put together.  I made pita chips with the Basil Parmesan Dip and they were excellent and went well with the dip.


Here's the rest of the menu from the other supper club members.  Make sure to click on their links to read more details about their recipe.

Val from More Than Burnt Toast - Olive and Asiago Rolls
Jamie (me) - Basil Parmesan Dip with Pita Chips & Creamy Garlic-Herb Dip
Sandi from Whistlestop Cafe Cooking - Chicken Stuffed with Herbs
Patsy from Family, Friends & Food - Risotto With Fresh Mozzarella, Grape Tomatoes and Basil
Shelby from The Lives and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch - Pound Cake with Lemon-Basil Glaze 


The Creamy Garlic Herb Dip is great with a variety of vegetables. 




My herb garden is growing like crazy....Basil, Italian Parsley and Thyme

Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club:  Growing herbs at home is easy to do, fun and a great cost-saver.  I have herbs growing in pots and some in a small garden area.  You don't need alot of space and when a recipe calls for some herbs, I just go outside and cut what I need.   

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh, I am so in envy of your herb garden! Great dips you shared Jamie!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Thanks for starting our virtual dinner off so well Jamie. These dips are quick to make as well as delicious. Real crowd pleasers! Love that you are growing your own herbs as well:D

La Bella Cooks said...

Your garden is gorgeous! I would love to try this dip.

Aggie said...

look at your herb garden! It's doing great Jamie! I love pita chips and dips...it looks delicious!

Patsyk said...

What a perfect start to our virtual meal! I would have a hard time not finishing those dips off by myself! lol!

Barbara Bakes said...

Sounds like a perfect dip for summer get togethers. Your garden looks great. I'm inspire to get planting.

Penelope Sanchez said...

This was a big hit when I served it. Mine turned out a bit too garlicy for my taste, but perhaps my clove was larger. I added some softened cream cheese to balance the garlic and it was delightful! Served with fresh vegetables and pita chips.

Mariz
Get Best Info for Alaska Fishing Lodges click here

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs