Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Snack Cake - September Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club

It's time for me and my Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club friends to get together for another wonderful meal.....Lunch Style. Our lightened up lunch menu includes:

Jamie (that's me) - Chocolate Fudge Snack Cake

I made dessert this month and it's perfect for a lunch treat. Who doesn't like chocolate cake and we all deserve a little something sweet at lunchtime. The buttermilk makes this cake moist and it's full of chocolate flavor. My husband and daughters were very happy when I tucked these snack cakes in their lunch boxes.

Also, don't forget to check out what the other guests made for our lunch get together.



The batter is light and fluffy.



This cake yields 9 servings and has 251 calories per serving


Enjoy your lunch!



Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: In my opinion, when you bake something for someone, you are really showing how much you care. And when you know that person is enjoying it at lunchtime, well, that makes it even more special. There are many great "lightened up" desserts and treats that can be found on Cookinglight.com and Myrecipes.com. Come back next month for another Virtual Supper Club gathering.


10 comments:

Shelby said...

Yummy Jamie! Love your photos - especially the lunch bag one!

Aggie said...

Love the girls' lunch bags!! :)

This looks so good Jamie! I love that it uses buttermilk, I find whenever buttermilk is in the recipe it's going to be really good!! This is a perfect snack for lunch!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I would love to peak into my lunch bag and find this chocolate treat awaiting me. Thanks for bringing it to our Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

What a delicious dessert. I love anything with chocolate. Yummy pictures.

La Bella Cooks said...

Wow, look how chocolatey this cake is! Now that is definitely a great lunch treat!

Cooking Light said...

This looks delicious! Great choice of desserts. We'd love to find this in our lunch boxes any day...

- Kim and the CL eds

Laura in Paris said...

Hey girls, you're lucky to find those lunches in your (cute) lunch boxes!

Jamie said...

A light fudge snack cake? I want! Yum! It looks so good.

Mariah said...

it was the best lunch ever and u better make it again....!!!!!:)

Argho Nandi said...

nice article

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs