Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club Cooks with Wine

Cooking with Wine. That is the theme for October's Virtual Supper Club gathering. Five food bloggers (3 from the United States & 2 from Canada) get together virtually to present a menu with recipes all from Cooking Light. Cooking with Wine was a great theme. There were so many Cooking Light recipes to choose from on Myrecipes.com, their online listing of recipes. When I saw this fish recipe, Salmon with White Wine Mustard Sauce, I knew this was the meal I wanted to "bring" to our supper club. If you follow my blog, you know I love seafood and we eat salmon several times a month. This dish was simple to prepare. The sauce was so velvety smooth and worked perfectly with the salmon. When my husband said, "This tastes like it came from a restaurant", I was so happy. I know I will make this again and again.

Now, take a look and see what my other blogger friends brought to our October Supper, everything from an Appetizer to a Dessert: (click on each one to see detailed recipe)

Jamie (that's me, Mom's Cooking Club) - Salmon with White Wine Mustard Sauce
Val (More Than Burnt Toast) - Baked Rice with Butternut Squash
Aggie (Aggie's Kitchen) - Red Wine Pear Crisp with Spiced Streusel

Wow, what a menu!

Start with a beautiful piece of salmon and cut in equal fillet portions.

Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson: I'm not a huge wine drinker but I do always try to keep a bottle of white wine and a bottle of red wine to use for cooking. I'm sure we are all familiar with the phrase, "cook with a wine you would drink". So, buy what you like. You don't have to buy an expensive bottle of wine to cook with. There are many good wines that are reasonably priced. Also, avoid cooking with "cooking wine" that you find in the vinegar aisle of your grocery store. Salt and food coloring has been added to these weak wine bases. Check out this Cooking Light article about Cooking with Wine for some great information about using this ingredient in your cooking.

14 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is one of those WOW dishes Jamie perfect for highlighting the theme. Thank you so much for allowing us to "taste" this incredible main dish virtually.

Shelby said...

What a great dish Jamie! What a good feeling to be told what you made tastes like something that would come from a restaurant! :-) Thanks for the virtual meal!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Beautiful salmon! This sounds like a lovely way to wine in your cooking.

Laura said...

OhMyGosh !!!!!!!!! That salmon looks unbelievably AWESOME !

Aggie said...

This salmons sounds fantastic! What a great compliment from Mike! I'm definitely making this soon!

Oh...and love your mom's cooking lesson!!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Oh my what a delicious salmon. Thanks for making this dish.

Cooking Light eds said...

Your hubby said it all! Looks like a wonderful addition to our virtual table. You can never learn too many delicious ways to prepare salmon... Thanks for this!

Maria said...

Cooked to perfection!

Pam said...

What a fantastic looking piece of fish! Your virtual supper club looks like fun.

Patsyk said...

I love the way the salmon has that crisp coat to the top of it. The flavors must be out of this world!

danyell said...

You know I love this:)

Sarah Cooksey said...

YUMMY! I am going to get Josh to make this dish asap!

La Bella Cooks said...

This looks absolutely delicious!

Barbara Bakes said...

What a gorgeous brown color on your salmon! It looks fabulous!

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs