Friday, October 15, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies: Week 3.......Black and White Cookies

Black and White Cookies

Here's my 3rd cookie in the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies!  This week I have a chocolate cookie for you but this one is full of some goodies.  Some of my favorite goodies....white chocolate and macadamia nuts.  Some bites you get the creamy white chocolate, others bites you get the crunchy, buttery macadamia nuts and other bites you get it all.  So good!

These are large cookies.  Don't be afraid to use the 1/4 cup of dough per cookie.  You want them to be big.  Don't forget to check out the blog hop at the bottom of my post to see what other bloggers baked up this week.


Black and White Cookies
Recipe by Betty Crocker , Cookies & Bars, Sept. 2009 

Makes 20 - 24 cookies

Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (4 oz) white chocolate bars. chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
1 jar (3.25 oz) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Directions

1.Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until creamy. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chunks and nuts.

2.Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet (do not use dark cookie sheet).

3.Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until cookies are set and appear dry (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire cooling rack.  Store in covered container.




Here are some of my other favorite black and whites.  But, sorry, these won't be on my cookie tray : )




Black and White cookies on plate

Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club LessonGift/Packaging Idea:  Instead of the traditional red and green Christmas colors, use an all black and white theme.  Look for a decorative black and white box along with some black and white tissue paper.  Purchase a black, white or black & white mug, some packets of hot chocolate and a bag of marshmallows.  Put some of the Black & White Cookies in a clear bag, tied with black and white ribbon.  Place all the items in the box.  Don't forget to include a recipe card for the cookies.

13 comments:

Pam said...

I love your weekly tips with your posts! And...I love your pooches - too cute! You can't go wrong with chocolate - EVER! Thanks for these!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I am loving your 12 weeks of cookies! The black and whites licking their lips are the best.

I am going to link this up to my friday's favorites :-) Have a fun weekend.

Megan said...

I'm thinking of doing a Black and White Ball for my daughters 16th birthday and these cookies would be perfect! Bookmarked!

Sue said...

I love macadamia nuts! I bet these cookies are delicious! I also like your non-edible black and whites:)

Unknown said...

I love this blog hop because I'm finding the most delicious cookies! Yours look awesome - I love macadamia nuts! And your two sweet pups are just adorable!

megan said...

All right - hand over the pups and no one gets hurt :)

Lisa said...

Ooohhh, these sound so good. They have everything - chocolate, white chocolate, and salty, crunchy nuts. Perfection.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love your cookies. They look delicious. I like to be able to link what I baked. Also that's great to see what everyone is baking.

April said...

I love them!! They look delish!

amanda @ fake ginger said...

White chocolate & macadamia nuts? 2 of my favs! I wish I could reach through the screen and grab one!

Jenny said...

These look so yummy!!

Barbara Bakes said...

Love you idea of a black and white gift - so elegant. I know I would love these cookies too!

Aggie said...

oh M&M are soooooooo cute!!! Larry would love these cookies! You are baking up a storm Jamie, I bet everyone is loving it! I like the packaging ideas! I have to start thinking about that.

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs