Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Candied Walnut, Pear and Leafy Green Salad.....October's Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club

Candied Walnut and Pear Salad

I've mentioned this before.  I love fruit in salad.  Now I love fruit and Candied Walnuts in salads.  The group of blogger's that showcase the recipes from Cooking Light are back this month with the theme of Vegetarian Potluck.  Alot of people are eating vegetarian these days or at least trying to do a few meatless meals a week.  I'm not a vegetarian but I do try to strike a balance with my meals and eating more meatless meals is a good idea to get that balance.

Salads can get boring which is why I'm always changing up the lettuces, vegetables and dressings that I use.  This is a wonderful salad that I will make again. The candied walnuts are simple to prepare and so addicting.  They are great just as a snack alone.  I used Bartlett pears because that's what my grocery store had in stock.  Any pear that is in-season would work just fine.  I also used mixed spring lettuce.  You will love this salad with the sweetness of the pears, crunch of the walnuts and the dressing which brings it all together.


What did the others from the Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club bring?


Jamie (me) from Mom's Cooking Club made Candied Walnut, Pear and Leafy Green Salad.
Val from More than Burnt Toast made Butternut Squash Lasagna
Sandi from Whistlestop Cafe Cooking made Carrot Cake

Note:  Shelby (The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch) was not able to join us.  She is in the midst of moving to another city.  Good luck Shelby!

**Patsy was also unable to join in with this month's get-together.  I still added the link to her recipe to share her vegetarian choice.


Pear Salad

Enjoy!

Mom's Cooking Club Lesson:   Gift/Packaging Idea -  Make up a large batch of the candied walnuts and put them in a pretty tin or container.  Place some fresh pears in a basket with the container of candied walnuts.  Include a recipe card with this salad recipe.  You can put together this gift basket as a hostess or holiday gift.  Also, for a teacher, a neighbor or for saying thank you to someone.     

5 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Pear and walnuts are a seasonal treat I look forward to every year. Nothing like a fresh pear where the juices run down your arm. Thank you so much for bringing this refreshing fall salad to the table Jamie!!!!

nancy@skinnykitchen.com said...

I love using recipe in season. This looks really good!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

What a great choice for this month CL Virtual Supper Club. That looks delicious.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That looks delish! I think I might try some candied pecans~~ my favorites :-)

La Bella Cooks said...

This is a great pic for a club recipe and definitely one I want to try out. Your photo has me craving healthy salads.

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs